A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Fox Translate be forewarned and forearmed - No Name for this one

Posted: Jul 12, 2012

This is general transcription, videos, phone conversations, etc.  I had a conversation the other day, which one transcriptionist could not complete.  It was between two attorneys, one being US and anolther from India.  I could not understand the Indian attorney at all, except for "snips" here and there.  One transcriptionist had done part of the file, I picked it up and on the website,  made a comment that for the difficulty of this file, I should be paid more than I was for this job.  General transcription is VERY different from MT, where you might have multiple speakers, you are transcribing for a YouTube video, etc. 

I found out via email the other day, that if you submit a "partial job," and state to them halfway through that you can't complete it, you don't get paid for the work that you did. 

I completed "the job from Hades" and did several other jobs for them, even though I was having a bad day health wise.  They send "notifications" out and you have to be sitting constantly and trying to "grab" work.  In a way, it is "cherry picking" because you can listen to the voice and unclaim it if you feel that it is too awful.  However, I think that this company is so new, that those whom are "support" are not listening to the voice file enough to state that it is a difficult dictation.

The one that I had so send throuigh yesterday looked like worse than swiss cheese, and having been an MT, and doing GT in the past, I was embarrased.  Fox as well, has not answered my emails as to why "I was locked out," and calling the phone number, gets no results either.

Fox over hired - locked out too

[ In Reply To ..]
I too did the work from Hades and it brought down my TAT, so with review scores of 4/5, 3.7/5 and 75% I was sent an e-mail from David stating I was suspended. I wrote back and said "what the ...." and he replied "sorry, but decision will not be reversed".

Actually the only good thing about it was weekly pay, so I'm not too heartbroken but where else do you get canned for above average (3 is average score) work?

Don't sweat it. Go to Odesk or Elance and you can do all the work you want for a much higher rate.

hmmm - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Hmm interesting as I didnt get the email from David - what a crock!!!

Fox - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I sent several emails to tech support, no response. I FINALLY got "M" on the phone and he tells me to send an email to tech support and when I told him I did, I get the brush off. This is really no way to run a company.
Update - nn
[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, terminated because of "quality." The one report I did was AWFUL with the other speaker, and I think these idjits do not understand, listen to the reports, transcribe them and go from there. It is SO different from MT and when you have several speakers or even one who is impossible to understand, they don't seem to care that it is a totally different world.

Reviews at Fox - FLMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I just started working at Fox a week or so ago and have done about 5 jobs thus far. Could you tell me how long it takes to get a review? Thanks!

Reviews @ Fox - axed

[ In Reply To ..]
Look in the metrics tab and they should be there for all 5 reports you did.
Reviews - FLMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for your answer. I checked and found my review info. I appreciate your help!

also.... - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
If you start a job and do not complete it; i.e., halfway through and send it back yo do NOT get paid for that job. What these people do not get through their brains is a dictation that is an hour or more in length, possibly multiple speakers and you submit a job with a comment to them that is nasty you get canned.
update talked to CFO - NN
[ In Reply To ..]
What a joke!!! he's too busy with clients etc. Tying to hold a "logical, intelligent" conversation with M or D is nuts.
my response via email to CFO - NN
[ In Reply To ..]

D,

First of all, I believe you and M are more concerned with the "business end of things." I can understand you wanting to get clients. However, you and M both, do NOT, nor have ever taken into consideration the deadlines. I am on the East Coast, I get a job at 5:00 p.m. in MY time zone and it's due in 8 hours. It turns out that with the "specs" and its not mentioned that there are multiple speakers, each of whom needs to be identified. We are not mind readers. You have a file that is an hour and a half, that on average with speakers etc will take about 4-5 hours, If it were straight medical transcription, with one doctor, it's a lot less time.

It also depends on the file type. For example, I have never done files for You Tube or video. The files that I have done in the past have been one on one legal interviews, such as I did yesterday, and unfortunately, YOUR company does not tell the transcriptionists the best software etc., to use. I have used Express Scribe for many years and your company is the first one that I have had problems with. The rewind feature on the voice files is terrible. The sound quality on the majority of the files has been terrible. That is an issue with tech support and Fox. I believe that you are gaining clients at the expense of the transcriptionist. I believe in the adage of "you get what you pay for." Many of the reports I did were garbage as far as sound was concernered, etc. You will get that back, as you have, with transcriptionists completing part of a job, and finding out they cannot complete it.

The TAT needs to be extended -- your staff really needs to listen to files and make REALISTIC TAT -- a file that is one hour in duration is basically 6-8 hours in the real world of transcription.
unbelievable - history repeats itself
[ In Reply To ..]
"you submit a job with a comment to them that is nasty you get canned."

Ummm, YEAH! It's amazing that some of you seemingly couldn't cut it doing MT and now you can't cut it doing GT and you STILL want to blame someone else.

OPEN YOUR EYES. It's not the rest of the world.

If you do a poor job, you get fired. You SHOULD get fired.

Move on, but you might want to do it in a field you can actually excel in, which doesn't sound like a keyboarding job.
my response to your post - nn
[ In Reply To ..]
Have you ever done general transcription? and in particular for this company or other companies? I believe the report that I got "canned" over was EXTREMELY difficult. It was approximately an hour in length and had been started by one transcriptionist, who sent the report back after about 20 minutes or so. There were two speakers, and one of the speakers was of Indian descent with an extremely heavy accent. I was able to catch maybe every other word during his part of the conversation. The pay rate for that particular file was low, about $30 or so I believe and it took a GREAT deal of concentration to try to transcribe it. When it comes to doing ESL doctors, I have no problem, but there were other "side conversations" going on, (the Indian gentleman possibly talking to his wife, etc). Also, there were transcripts where I had four to six speakers, and at times, it is difficult to understand which speaker is which, because they are not identified by name. General transcription can be much harder than MT, because with MT, you are dealing with one doctor. Yes, you may have background noises, etc., but you are still dealing with only one voice and not several people sometimes speaking at once. My point with this whole thing was to try to let people know that general transcription is not all what it is cut out to be just as medical transcription is at times as well. I am quite upset with your insinuation that I am an "inferior transcriptionist" for some reason. I'm not. I take great pride in the work that I do. The MTSOs that I have worked for in the past and present know that if I leave more than three blanks in a report in general that it is either a problem with the dictator, unable to confirm a demographic or the sound quality of the dictation in general.

Similar Messages:

Fox Translate
Sep 05, 2012

Does anyone know anything about this company, Fox Translate? They have an ad on mtjobs.com but when I went to the website, they pay thru a paypal account.  This seems like a scam to me. Anyone know anything about this company? ...

FOX TRANSCRIBE/TRANSLATE
Nov 30, 2012

Those working at Fox, how's it going?  Busy? Making any $$?  ...