Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Have not worked for this MTSO but have done IME reports..sm - No way

Posted: May 21st, 2024 - 6:30 pm In Reply to: Recent orthopedics job - curious

and I would never agree to do those for 8 cpl. They are rather involved and can be lengthy and most have fairly rigid formatting and wording guidelines. Personally I would not do these for any less than 11 cpl as an IC. But I agree with the other posters here, IC position at 8 cpl with MONTHLY payment by CHECK...um, no thanks. I am paid twice monthly now and do not make enough to even stretch for 15 days, sometimes longer if 15th or end of month happens to fall over a weekend. MONTHLY? OMG, then having to wait for a check in the mail to boot? GTFOH. There is a reason the ad says they will work with new MTs, and it is not out of the goodness of their hearts. Insert rolling eyes emoji.

I agree wholeheartedly with the poster below who said IC status needs to be outlawed. It really does, as they are fully taking advantage at this point. I owed taxes (in total) to the tune of almost the same amount that I made for the entire year. The only benefit of being an IC for me is making my own hours, but even then, I end up having to work their "suggested" hours or face the verbal beatdown and I do not dare take a whole week off for vacation because I will not be paid for it so I lose money. With so many companies using remote employees now, there is no reason to continue to classify everyone as an IC other than greed on the part of the MTSO because they do not want to pay out benefits, PTO, etc. It is truly only beneficial for the MTSO at this point in MTdom. JMO FWIW! Do not accept these rotten conditions, and maybe, just maybe, some of these places will have to do better. If nothing else, let them get exactly what they pay for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Recent orthopedics job - curious (Views: 788, 2024-05-20, 11:27 am)
    • Ortho job - Sounded pretty good (Views: 408, 2024-05-20, 2:53 pm)
      • Ortho job - Cannot live in California (Views: 379, 2024-05-20, 3:18 pm)
    • Have not worked for this MTSO but have done IME reports..sm - No way
      • Taxes - MT (Views: 323, 2024-05-22, 8:12 am)