Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Versio - MTLady

Posted: Feb 2nd, 2024 - 11:42 pm In Reply to: Versio - Marie Lee Dong

You are not joking! I'm not going to say my age, but it's over 40, and this lady had reduced me to tears on several occasions, and I felt like it was on purpose. Telling me it was fine to ask questions and then biting my head off when I did ask questions. Her favorite phrase, "What does BOS say?" They use 3rd Ed, like 4th ed doesn't exist.
I have been doing this for many years. Never in my life have I been so constantly discouraged than when working for Lisa. I feel like she takes pleasure in making people feel like they are so stupid and only she can have the correct answer. It's better to just say "okay, okay, okay," than to try to explain why you did what you did and be told off for being "defensive." Like, believe me, I wouldn't make a mistake without a reason especially since I know a subjective comma is going to end up being a 25 minute phone call where she goes over everything that possibly could be seen as a mistake. BTW, she doesn't have a college degree in anything.
It borders on verbal abuse, and certainly emotional abuse. She will say, "Oh, don't worry about this. Don't worry about that." And yet those very things we "shouldn't worry about" somehow come back to bite us in the a** like the fate of the world rested upon a run-on sentence.
This is her business, and I get that. But most of us MTs work as ICs, which means she is NOT our boss, she is a client. It's getting to the point where her name comes up on my phone and I dread picking it up. All I can think of is, "Well, what did I do wrong today?" And it's not like she explains anything in a coherent manner. She talks, and talks, and talks, never lets you get a word in edgewise, and even if you do get to talk, she talks right over you.
She says that everyone she hires tells her that they had no less than 99.6% accuracy, which is the base requirement for working as an MT, right? She literally had the b@lls to say that she doesn't know what kind of QA these people hire, but they must not be very good, because most people she hires certainly don't meet that criteria.
You know why? Because MTs that work for her are afraid to make one tiny misstep for fear that it's a 45 minute phone call about why is it they don't understand compound verbs or something equally stupid.
ON TOP OF ALL OF THAT, she requires at least 100 lines of dictation an hour, including research, and if you are away from your desk or Skype for 2 minutes, she acts like you were trying to murder her dog or something. She wants you to tell her if you're going to the bathroom for crying out loud. Now, idk about you, but I am a functioning adult. I have held jobs for years and years. I know when I have to use the restroom and I certainly am past the point where I have to inform anyone for any reason where I'm going or what I'm doing for the 10 minutes I'm away from my computer.
And Skype? Forget about it. You have to be available 24/7. If she can't get you on Skype on your computer, she tells you to have it on your phone. If you miss her on your phone, she emails you. If you don't see her email, she texts you, and then calls you, and doesn't ask where you were, DEMANDS to know why you're wasting her time trying to get a hold of you when you should be available at all times.
Idk how old she is, but I do know she had children as old or older than I am, so she's got to be close to 68-70. What I do know is she is rude as hell, is the worst micromanager I have ever had in my life, and if things do not improve in the next few months, I will quit that job and destroy her on Glassdoor and any other job site I can get my hands on.
Maybe she's a good transcriptionist, I have no idea, but she is a terrible, terrible boss. End rant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)