Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

End in sight - Long time MT as well

Posted: Nov 24th, 2022 - 1:34 pm In Reply to: Finally the end - mt for too long

I agree with you. I finally had to find an outside job part time and get out of the business completely because I could not take it any longer.

This job at one time was very good, but with technology, off shoring, all the ESL physicians, etc., it has been whittled down to nothing.

The pay is an absolute insult not to mention the demands and all the free work they expect.

I have wondered if the Big 2, Nuance and Aquity have MTs any longer as well.

MTs are retiring and the younger generation isn't going to go into this line of work and if they do, they won't put up with their crap.

We all (long time MTs) hung on in hopes of things getting better and they only got worse. Every company I worked for was horrible, so I knew I had to get out and being an IC is horrible. I wanted a real job as an employee.

For all the telephone operators out there, receptionists who are being replaced by central scheduling, and other jobs are going to be all gone if not already and MT work will be a thing of the past. I have yet to go into a doctor's office and see they have a transcriptionist working for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)