Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Coded Note - SMarsala

Posted: Oct 18th, 2022 - 6:16 pm In Reply to: coded note - justme

I currently work for Coded Note. After working for my local 290-bed hospital for 17 years, I was let go during COVID (they outsourced the department). I was employee status with all the benefits at $24 an hour. As long as I met what was required for daily lines, I was good. I typed fast, so I could take care of my other life crap. Anyway, that is now gone. I got hired by Coded Note a year ago, 2021. With this company, you are paid by audio minute. I get $1.25 an audio minute because of my experience. I was so unfamiliar with this kind of compensation, but it is average. I will say that there is no going up on that. I have tried twice after showing my abilities and even having letters from the providers I type for, still it was a "no." With this account, you will be assigned providers. I currently have three providers that nobody else types unless I need help (people are helpful if you need it). I have direct contact with the providers for any questions I need answered to discrepancies that need to be taken care of. Communication is usually through text. My providers are awesome. I have an immunologist and two family medicine. The specialties range from the usual -- GI, cardiac, pulmonology, urology, etc. If a provider you are assigned to does not work for you, you can ask to be reassigned with no resistance. Not much need to speak to any administrative staff as long as you keep yourself in TAT and know what you are doing. I fly under the radar, do my job, collect my pay and continue to run on the hamster wheel every day. (This job of transcription is like that). Now when it comes to TAT, the facility is in Illinois, so central time. Anything dictated prior to 5:00 pm central time has to be completed same day. Any dictation after 5:00 pm is due by noon the following day. You need to know that most of the time providers will dump their notes at the end of the day, so you may be working more evening. I usually work 11:00 am eastern time until about 7:30 or 8:00 pm (on and off). I do not usually give up any work because you only get paid for what you do, thank you IC status. End of month can be "the sky is falling" with everyone trying to make sure everything is caught up. You are only committed to doing your assigned providers, but you can help out when anyone needs it. The time I take off is when my providers are off. I don't sit around running out of work. I know my providers schedule and can plan my life commitments around the free time I have. So when it comes to money, I work approximately 30 hours a week and the pay varies depending on length of dictations, number of patients on schedule and if I have all three providers working. Some weeks I could make $900, some $800, but the average is $750 a week, but I am fast and I have awesome providers. Pay is direct deposit every week, never had an issue with not getting my pay. The potential is there to make more money if you want to help on other providers. I choose not to because of actually needing a life outside of working too. So, I hope this helps anyone. When I was looking for IC work, I had no idea what company was legit. I will not work for .06 a line or 0.4 line editing. My work is all straight typing. We all know that sometimes it can take longer to edit than to just type the darn note. Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)