Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Any job that is not paying by the line... - MT3

Posted: Sep 30th, 2022 - 9:02 pm In Reply to: I had applied multiple times for the IC job currently - posted by Lisa for IMEs

really should not be advertising on MT Stars at all. But as far as I am concerned, any transcription job that is not paying by the line is always extremely iffy.

From two decades of experience, I know that I can transcribe 30 minutes of IME dictation every hour on average. At 8 cents per line, I get around $24 per hour. At 10 cents per line, I get around $30 per hour.

So $17.50 for a 30-minute dictation would be $17.50 per hour for me... or about two thirds what I normally earn. I would imagine that ratio applies to pretty much everyone else too: Whatever you normally get paid to transcribe at 8 CPL, this job pays two thirds that.

So yes: Definitely not a very good rate. Lisa should pay by the line and she should pay 8 cents per line. I'm transcribing for an IME company in California that is paying me 10 cents per line, so she better not come back with any B.S. about how she is paying the "industry average" or whatever (because she's not), or how she couldn't stay in business paying 8 cents per line (because I know of several QME outfits paying 8-10 CPL). It's just greed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)