Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

IC work - CEMT

Posted: Sep 7th, 2022 - 11:42 am In Reply to: I am going to start signing up for partial unemployment. - sm

IC work is where I ended up. Laid off from AQ, told I was one of their top performers and first in line to be rehired, and tried to find FT MT work but there are just so few options. Finally went with a company doing IC for AQ because I knew someone there, and the management is just so nice. Picky about QA, but so was AQ, no benefits, but pay was the same as AQ was paying new hires, though I made considerably more having been there over a decade (guessing that plus benefits is probably why I had a target on my back). Anyway, on the bright side as an IC always busy, no Work Force to deal with, already familiar with Fluency and BP so easy transition, and yes I think the work is being routed to India and US ICs and the so-called pandemic slowdown behind the massive layoffs was really just a front for sending so much work out. I had long been a skeptic that this really happened. So I earn a bit less but work for nice people and stay overall really busy, plus I can create my own schedule as an IC. Could be worse, I guess. I was never unhappy at AQ, until the work started to dry up. But I stayed much longer than I probably should have and did need the benefits. Anyway, I liked it there myself, something wrong with my head I know, I know, and hope it picks back up for all of you who stay or that you find something better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)