Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

No clue what you're talking about on this, but - sm

Posted: Mar 19th, 2022 - 1:26 pm In Reply to: Turned off commenting lol - SM

I can't imagine anyone making more on two depositions than a month of MT work. I do both. My medical pays way more because it takes less time to do it. Think about it, if you're having to decipher what is being said by more than one person in a session and you don't hear those people on a daily basis, it stands to reason that your production would be inhibited by not having the familiarity of the person speaking. I personally can do a lot more lines in an hour on medical than legal. Besides being inhibited by more than one speaker, you also have the quality of the audio, people talking at the same time, and whether or not the court reporter does their job (actually taking notes and writing down the record). I'm not saying that there is no money to be made in legal, but I am saying, it's much more stressful than typing the same physician day in and day out. You can create a lot more shortcuts and normals for these people. I have whole OP notes that I just copy and paste and then edit. I need to know where this person worked doing legal and made more in two depositions than MT for a month. I might need to look into that job. I do one deposition a day. I do straight typing, average 300-350 lines an hour. It can take me 7-8 hours to do a 1000 line deposition for legal. If the audio is good, I can do it in less time, but 9 times out of 10, the audio sucks. Either way, legal or medical, they're both stressful. I've been in for over 30 years. With the change with everyone labeling us all as ICs, I wish I had gone to school to become a paralegal instead. I just think this business has ruined a lot of people's mental stability with trying to make a living at it. There's no reward for it anymore. The money doesn't add up anymore. Less pay for more time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)