Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues


Main Board

IRS Tax Tip for Home Office Deductions - KillerAngel

Posted: Dec 24th, 2021 - 11:41 am In Reply to: Tax identification number/TIN - Is this is a requirement now?

As far as I can tell, you cannot take a home office deduction if you are an employee working at home.  The option is still available for self-employed/IC workers.  There are 2 ways to calculate the deduction - one record-keeping intense based on the percentage of the home used and the other a standard $5 per square foot to a maximum of $1500 (300 square feet).  Always best to consult a qualified accountant. 

LINK/URL: IRS Tax Tip for Home Office Deductions


Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)