Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Alpha - Run

Posted: Nov 20th, 2021 - 11:25 am In Reply to: Alpha Transcription - MT

Are you referring to the Alpha Transcription who has the VA contracts? If so, RUN. First of all, their pay is VBC, so you don't get paid for spaces at all, which is a massive ripoff, especially considering the type of work that is involved here. The job files are all 60+ minutes long of complete and total jibberish. They are recordings of Zoom interviews and the audio quality is THE WORST I have ever heard in my entire life. The "boss lady" will give you hell if you have "too many blanks" and will always claim that their QA person was able to "easily fill them all in," which I had a VERY difficult time believing with how horrendous the audio was. I've been doing this work for a very long time and I have a lot of experience working in QA, so I never leave blanks unless I TRULY cannot get them. It's an absolute joke. The lady in charge (SY) is also batsh*t crazy and turns into a complete lunatic if she thinks you are taking too long to finish a job. She is very vindictive and passive aggressive and will remove your access to the SharePoint site and then claim she did no such thing. She's a true psycho! Their contracts with the VA are fairly short-term as well, so it's not the most stable job in the world. It's more like a short-term project. One of their VA contracts only renewed until April, which is less than 6 months away. If this is the Alpha you are referring to, don't do it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)