Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

KS - SM

Posted: Aug 29th, 2021 - 11:06 pm In Reply to: Despite their bad reputation with pay issues - I also knew

Back in the 2000s, they were actually an excellent company to work for. I worked there for 9 years. No, they never sent work offshore. The pay was great, there were good benefits, tons of awesome accounts (some of the best accounts I've ever worked on to date), and they actually really did care about their employees back then. I can't even tell you how much it broke my heart to leave. It was such a difficult decision, but I just couldn't stay in those conditions. It would have been irresponsible of me to stay and put my financial well-being at risk and there were several red flags telling me to get out. It was scary for me to leave because I had been there for nearly a decade and it was a huge change in my life. I felt like I was venturing out into the unknown.

It all started going downhill around 2010/2011. Unfortunately, they were extremely careless when it came to money and the company was very irresponsibly managed throughout the years, which eventually wreaked havoc on them. Nepotism ran very, very deep, which is fine, except LT's family members were not the least bit qualified for the positions that they held and there wasn't anyone to really hold them accountable. Her sister-in-law did the accounting and their funds were grossly mismanaged for many years, which is what got them into so much hot water once it finally caught up to them. Everyone knows that they were dipping into money that they should not have been touching to fund their lavish lifestyles. This went on for years. They ended up owing millions in back payroll taxes to the IRS and had to go on a huge payment plan. That's when the pay cuts and late pay started happening. Then, in 2013 or 2014, they were sued by Hudson Medical for not paying for ChartNet and they had a huge judgement placed against them for that, which they also had to make very large payments on. It all spiraled out of control and got them into such a big mess that they haven't been able to get out of. Things got so bad that they even had to sell their office building. It really is a shame because they had so much potential. They had a HUGE radiology department that made them an absolute fortune for the longest time. Their HIM department grew substantially as well. They were raking in millions of dollars per year in the 2000s, but it all eventually came crashing down because of blatant incompetence and carelessness on their part.

I still sometimes miss my time there. Those were some of my best days. I was bringing in anywhere between $75k and $80k per year at KS until things took a turn. I truly thought I would work there forever, or at least until I reached retirement age. It's a very sad situation, but they brought this all on themselves. It's just a shame that the MTs had to suffer the consequences of their employer's actions. I'd also be quite interested to know how things are going there these days. I left in 2014, so it has been a pretty long time since I've been there and I haven't really kept up with the latest gossip.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)