Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I did so much research at one time... - MTS

Posted: Jul 21st, 2021 - 2:46 am In Reply to: Chair recommendations - mino

Reading recommendations, researching on line and then going to stores to actually sit in recommended chairs. Finally bought one (NOT CHEAP). And then when I actually sat in it and worked in it day in and day out, I realized what a big mistake.

Learning lesson: In our line of business, test chairs the way we actually sit in it. For example, where do you rest your forearms when you have your fingers on the keyboard? If you rest on the arm rests, you want one that is height adjustable and feels comfortable. Maybe you don't do that, so then you want a chair that has no arm rests. When you have your foot on the foot pedal, how do you lean back? I bought a super-comfy chair with GREAT lumbar support and then realized I tend to lean back in my chair and needed one that supported my upper back. And pay attention to the way you stretch out your leg on the foot pedal. Some chairs have a high lip on the front of the seat that are great if you are sitting straight up all the time, but not realistic with a foot on a pedal for 8-10 hours a day.

That said, I think I would definitely look into a gaming chair next time. In theory, I'm thinking they would be more comfortable for us than an office chair.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)