Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: SoftScript.. (Views: 56)

Granted this is a resource board for MTS - anon

Posted: Feb 9th, 2021 - 10:12 am In Reply to: Agree! Wow, some of these people... - CAD

Two of my last 3 MT jobs I got from leads on this board. However, one lead was 10 years ago (still with that company) and the other lead was about 5 years ago. Both of these were straight typing positions. However; one company no longer posts because they pay 7 cents a line with no hopes of a raise (they are based in California). They quit advertising on here because people would come on and criticize the rate of pay. I went on a "voluntary layoff" with that company when the COVID-19 breakout started so that the people who were full time would have enough work.

The other place that I have been with almost 10 years, starts MTs out at 7 cpl for straight typing. However, I have received raises and bonuses from that company. With what I get in SS as well, I make enough to be able to pay my bills and have money left over.

I have to somewhat tend to agree with the posters who stated "do your own research." We don't know how much experience a person has had and if they have acute care experience or if they have just clinic experience or radiology experience.

A couple of years ago, the owner of one of the services I worked for commented that she had gotten a lot of applicants for an MT position. It turned out that they had placed an ad on one of the big job sites, filled the position apparently and did not take the ad down. That's also a reason that if you apply through one of the job sites, you may not hear anything back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)