Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 43)

Ask them what size tapes they use. - Old Anon

Posted: Jan 17th, 2021 - 8:25 am In Reply to: tape transcription - Transcriber from PIT

I had a client up until about 2 years ago that used microcassette tapes, which I picked up weekly. I had an Olympus microcassette transcription machine with a foot pedal and ability to vary the playback speed, tone, volume, etc. Look online for various transcription machines depending on the tape size (microcassette was the most recently popular size). I typed from tape directly into their EMR (electronic medical record), which they gave me access to. I charge per patient note because there is no way to get a line count in an EMR because you are not the only person who will be entering info into the patient's file and there is no way to separate what you type with what a nurse, PA, or the doc enters into it. A company called Transcription Gear might be a good resource if you need more info. They also can be found on-line.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)