Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Senior Project - sm

Posted: Jan 14th, 2021 - 4:24 pm In Reply to: medical transcription career - Hope

1. what training does a medical transcriptionist require?

I had a year of it in high school.

2. do you have a particular specialty in medical transcription?
I do all specialties because it is acute care. When I was doing clinic work, I did cardiology, neurology, and orthopedics.

3. What natural abilities or interests are needed for a career in medical transciption?
Research skills. Easily adapt to transcription platforms. With editing, you need to learn to use shortcut keys and read ahead.

4. Is ther presently job availability for those who choose medical transcription?
Yes.

5. Are there any advantages or disadvatages to being a transcriptional?
This is a trivial question and can go either way, but include, work from home, work at your own pace, learn new things each day, learn to accept criticism and I mean degrading sometimes as well.

6. Why did you choose to be a medical transcriptionist?
I didn't. I applied for a different position but they needed a transcriptionist and it went from there; that was 30 some years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)