Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Phoenix Medcom - SM

Posted: Nov 18th, 2020 - 6:11 pm In Reply to: Phoenix MedCom...every time you turn around, they - are posting jobs, then pulling

Oh, boy. This is going to be a bit lengthy, but I'll share my experience in hopes that it will help others avoid going through what I went through with this awful company. I worked for Phoenix MedCom for about 3-1/2 years, but as an MT, not as a scribe. A majority of my time there, things were great and I was never bothered by anyone. I worked on an extremely busy, high volume ER account. I was making good money, was always left alone to do my work, and was always paid on time. For the longest time, I was perfectly happy there and had no complaints whatsoever. HOWEVER, we ended up losing that account on very short notice at the tail end of 2016 due to a hospital merger and they had to scramble to find new accounts for everyone. I was put on about 3 different accounts, all of them new, and was put on full QA since these accounts were brand new and I obviously had never worked on them before. The account specs that I was given for these accounts were a hot mess. They were nowhere near complete and were about as clear as mud. Whoever put them together must have done so in a half sleep-induced, drunken state. The QA Nazi (I believe her name started with an S) was beyond arrogant, condescending, and insulting. She would not allow me to do more than 3 or 4 jobs per day on these new accounts, despite the fact that I had been with the company for nearly 4 years and they knew my work. One day, she dinged me for something to do with formatting. I responded and informed her that what she had dinged me on was NOT mentioned anywhere in the account specifics, so I had no way of knowing about this formatting rule. She snottily replied, "Well, we can't put EVERYTHING in the specifics," as if she expected me to have psychic abilities and just automatically know how the client wanted their work formatted. Then, she berated me for my use of the oxford comma. This woman was literally determined to find something wrong with every single one of my reports like it was her mission. She even told me at one point that she couldn't release me from QA until she felt that she could "trust" me. I reminded her that I had been working for them for several years and they never had any issues with my work until now. It wasn't my fault that the account specs were pure garbage and they seemed to be making up rules as they went along. I honestly think they were trying to get rid of people at that point after losing that huge ER account.

Long story short, after I had been a very loyal, reliable, hardworking MT for them for almost 4 years without one single complaint about my work in all those years, I was suddenly being nitpicked to death and was being held back from earning an even remotely livable salary because of the asinine 3-4 report per day cap they had me on because they were so hell bent on not letting me off QA for some ridiculous reason. After a couple of weeks of dealing with this BS, I finally straight up told them that if this was going to continue and if they were going to keep holding me back and not release me from QA, I would need to find another job because I can't pay the bills or eat on just 3-4 reports per day. They obviously did not care. That night when I went to log in, I had been locked out of the system. Thankfully, I had just gotten a new job a few days earlier and was planning on quitting anyway, but they never said a word to me. No termination emails or phone calls, no layoff notice, nothing. They just locked me out of the system and then would not respond to any of my emails from thereon out like the cowards they are. I never even received my final paycheck from them despite my multiple emails and voicemails informing them that I could not do my final invoice as I had no way to access my line counts since they had locked me out. I eventually received an email from the woman who did payroll asking why I hadn't sent her my invoice for the previous pay period. I explained what had happened and how nobody was getting back to me. She said that she would check into it and see if she could at least get my line counts for me so I could send her my invoice and get paid for the work I had done, but I never heard back from her and I was never paid. I finally just gave up. I knew that I would never hear from them and that I would never see that money they owed me for my final check. It would have been too costly and time consuming to pursue legal action for such a small amount, so I just let it go and moved on with my new job. I did, however, send them one final email telling them what I thought of them and how unethical, unprofessional, and unappreciative they are.

It has now been 4 years since I worked for them, but the things I have heard about them since I left have NOT been good. I heard they even committed some sort of insurance fraud. I have no idea what that entailed or how accurate that information is, but I heard that from someone who also used to work there doing patient phone calls to confirm appointments. This company is run by a couple of snotty, arrogant women on a total power trip (especially VG, who is rude as all get out). They are bullies, or at least they sure seem to try to be. I guess I just got lucky during my first 3-1/2 years with them since I was on an account that pretty much ran itself and I was never bothered by them until we lost that account. After that, it all went way downhill and was an absolute nightmare. Their true colors that had been hidden from me all that time quickly became very apparent. I couldn't believe this was how they were treating me after I had busted my tail for them for 3-1/2 years and consistently went above and beyond, producing at least 2000 straight typed lines per day on the ER account. I would NOT recommend working for PMC. They are not an ethical or honest company, and they just are not nice people in general to work for. Save yourself the headache and seek work elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)