Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Just stating facts - nn

Posted: Aug 24th, 2020 - 5:09 pm In Reply to: Interview for class - MB

I've been in this business for 40 years. I have gone from making about 80K a year to making about 30K a year and that is straight typing for 10-12 hours a day at 7.5 cents per line. Our pay has gone down and will continue to go down and NOT up. As I stated before, most of the jobs now are voice recognition editing at 3 to 4 cents per line and the companies that hire for those jobs require that you edit a MINIMUM of 250 lines per hour. Many people in this field, especially if it is their sole source of income have to work two and sometimes three jobs. As a newbie to the field, you are also up against people who have decades of experience and who can hit the ground running so to speak, so as a newbie to the field, you are going to find it extremely difficult to find a job in this field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)