Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I think the 400 lines - not obtainable is true.

Posted: Aug 16th, 2020 - 5:23 pm In Reply to: Nailed it - sm

I have worked on several platforms. Not one yet with 30 years of experience can I do consistently 400 lines per hour, not at all. Not when there are 25 pages of specs to follow, the system lags, you have different dictators on a daily basis, and then the IT issues that come along with the vendors now.

The most recent which is true as an employee you'll make about 10 an hour solid, but if you're really quick and pick up things easy, you might make 12 and this was from a recruiter. At least they were truthful and not inflating the field. 3.5 cpl for VR.

VR will never be good unless patient names are removed and the software is kept up to date with meds and diseases and the dictators are trained properly on what and what not to do while you're dictating.

Cell phones also have done a number on VR. They cut out, so it makes it very difficult to understand.

Great article!

I also only make one-third of what I used to as an IC. I made more as an employee back in 1991 at a few dollars above minimum wage at a hospital. Sad, very sad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)