Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Is it even worth it? - Wondering

Posted: Jul 30th, 2020 - 2:18 pm

Way back at the beginning of March, I took the proctored test with Patient First via Zoom, along with about 8-10 other applicants.  It was a very strange, awkward experience that was like nothing else I've ever experienced when testing with other companies over the course of my nearly 20-year career as an MT.  About a week or two later, I received an email informing me that I had passed the test and they wanted to schedule a phone interview, which we did.  On the day of my interview, about 30-45 minutes prior to the time it was scheduled for, I received an email from them stating that they were too busy and needed to cancel my interview and said that they would be back in touch within the next day or two to reschedule it.  After a week went by and I hadn't heard anything from them, I sent an email to follow up and ask if they still wanted to reschedule my interview.  They replied and told me that they were not currently hiring and they would be in touch once they were.  This was right at the beginning of the pandemic, so I assumed that was the reason, but they did not elaborate on the reason why they were suddenly no longer hiring. 

Fast forward to the very beginning of June, I received an email from the manager asking if I would be interested in scheduling my interview.  I responded and said that that would be great and asked when she would like to schedule it for.  I never heard back.  A little over a month later, she finally responded to me and said that she had not seen my previous email because it had gone into a "subfolder" of her inbox and she gave me a couple of dates and times that she had available to conduct my interview.  I kind of rolled my eyes at this excuse for taking over a month to get back to me, but I responded and told her which one of those dates would work best for me.  She responded and said that she would be calling me at that time for my interview.

Come the day of my interview, I sat at my desk with my phone and waited...and waited...and waited.  Finally, about 30 minutes past the time that my intreview had been scheduled for, they called me.  There were two managers on the call and one of them asked me a series of basic questions and told me about the company.  At the conclusion of the call, they said that they still had a few other interviews to do that week and said they would be in touch to let me know either way by that Friday.  It has now been almost 3 weeks since my interview and I have not heard a single peep from them.  Sure, I could always email them to follow up, but I'm not sure if I even want to at this point. This entire process has been one giant cluster you-know-what.

Is this how this company typically operates?  They seem to be all over the place and very unprofessional.  I have to admit that I'm a bit turned off by this entire fiasco that I've been through with them while trying to get hired.  It has now been 5 months since I tested with them, so I'm wondering if I should just move on and forget about them at this point or if they are actually worth waiting for.  If there's one thing that really irritates me, it's having my time wasted.   I don't necessarily NEED a new job.  I already have two IC positions that keep me very busy, but I was just hoping to find an employee position that would provide me with some paid time off, which is something that I haven't had in the past 6 or 7 years that I've been working as an IC.  Can anyone enlighten me as to whether this sort of behavior is the norm for them?  I've just never experienced anything even remotely like this when applying with any other companies.   I really do not understand how this company operates.  This entire experience has been, to say the least, extremely odd, not to mention very frustrating!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)