Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Agreed - MT

Posted: Jul 14th, 2020 - 2:09 pm In Reply to: Good for you! Some of us can't physically do this - sm

I also could not afford to eat and pay the bills on just $10/hour, and I even have a husband who also works full-time. We have a $1400/month house payment, utilities, car payment, car insurance, cell phones, etc, etc. I also am fortunate enough to average between $20 and $25/hour at my MT job that I've been at for the last 5 years (yes, I'm fully aware of how rare this is these days). I also have a part-time insurance transcription job to supplement my MT job, which pays 8 cpl and the jobs are long and usually well over 100 lines each (there are other types of transcription jobs out there besides medical). I am hanging onto this career for as long as I possibly can. I've been doing it for almost 20 years and I still do love it. So, no, I absolutely could never work for $10/hour either, especially not with how high the cost of living currently is! Minimum wage in our state is $12.50/hour anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)