Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

You may had had "perfect qualifications" however... - MT55

Posted: Jul 14th, 2020 - 9:17 am In Reply to: I met all qualifications and applied. I have an - excellent QA record and extensive resume

You might be the only perfect MT on the planet and still not be contacted. What people do not seem to get with the ads on Indeed, Monster etc is that this ad could have been placed MONTHS ago when they did have openings. They filled the position and right now either A) Forgot to take the ad down; or B) They are collecting resumes. It could be that they are looking for someone to be able to work during certain hours. For example, I live in the Midwest, but I have two MTSOs on the East Coast and one on the West Coast and all of these jobs are IC status. If an ad stated that they are looking for someone between 4 and 8 pm to work, EST well for me, it would be from 3 to 7 am I able to commit to those hours? Right now, I am on "voluntary layoff" with one company and I will be called back as soon as work starts picking back up again. With this pandemic, facilities are starting to slowly pick back up on work again. Another one of my IC jobs was shut down because of the pandemic because the doctor was considered "non-essential," and work there is finally starting to pick back up.

I hate to say it but it was the tone you conveyed in your post and it sounded like someone not being chosen on the playground. The eternal mystery especially in the world of MT is why some get hired and others don't, regardless of how good you are as an MT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)