Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Good companies - few but some

Posted: Jul 9th, 2020 - 2:20 am In Reply to: Completely agree - SM

It took me two straight years of full-time job-seeking and trying out some nightmare temp jobs to find a more or less decent fit that pays well (after I was dumped by MModal after 20 years). From my experience I suggest subscribing to many job search sites and plugging in your skills (transcription, high typing speed, PC skills, etc.) and then reading through all the voluminous emails you get every day, responding to everything you might remotely be qualified for. Customize your cover letters and resumes. Think outside the box, look at diagnostic labs, veterinarians, etc. If someone thinks they only want radiology or pathology experience, for example, stress your years at home, discipline, reliability and ability to learn on the fly. Sign up and do skills testing with all your local temp agencies (especially Robert Half and Kelly Services). So much work is being moved off site now, our remote work experience should be more valuable than ever. But expect to be very challenged with PC skills. Every job now is massively computer dependent, training is generally abysmal and you are expected to figure out a lot on your own and take a lot of unwarranted criticism. I actually think the ability to deal with that is a very important job skill. Good luck to everyone and most of all don't give up if you want to keep working and using your awesome skills!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)