Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Nope, no longer an MT - LDSMT

Posted: May 27th, 2020 - 11:18 pm In Reply to: LDSMT still with us? If so, how's it going. Still on same accts? - nm

I luckily got out of there last summer and got a job with an awesome company with awesome benefits, bonuses, profit sharing, lots of overtime, plenty of PTO, and 13 paid holidays! I cannot believe I put up with the conditions of working as an MT for so long when there are companies out there that actually appreciate you.

I work for a genetic testing company started by the doctor who discovered the BRCA gene mutation. I am making an hourly much less than I was making at AQuity, but with all the bonuses and overtime I am working less hours (even with overtime) and making the same money. I work away from home, but that's a small price to pay for everything I have gained. If we happen to clean up the work before the end of the day, they still pay us for the whole day (no having to pick another shift and trying to find work and using PTO when there isn't any work to be had). They also bring in lunch several times a month and if you choose to work on a Saturday for some overtime there is often free breakfast provided.

With everything I see going on there, people being moved to part-time with no say in the matter and no notice, I am extremely grateful I am no longer there. I don't know how they can live with themselves taking people's benefits away like that. The whole thing is just insane.

I miss doing transcription, but there is nothing I miss about the horrendous working conditions of being an MT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)