Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Reality - My memories are different

Posted: May 24th, 2020 - 10:07 am In Reply to: I also miss the days of recognition where....sm - Long timer

First of all, there is no longer a medical transcription week, it is called healthcare documentation integrity week. You were treated to a “feast of a meal” by your hospital? I had several transcription jobs over many years. In private small physician offices MT week was never celebrated, In the large facilities I remember recognition, but I also remember the MTs paying out of pocket for catered lunches or doing potlucks to cur week. This year, I think things need to be put into perspective considering the financial hit that the economy has taken; be thankful to have received recognition at all. Medical Assistants and other first line responders don’t celebrate a “week” and they are certainly deserving of recognition. I don’t understand why a gift from an employer you’ve probably never met who doesn’t know who you are Is so important to you. My opinion is that it’s time for MTs to stop living in the past and accept that the profession has drastically changed. You are getting a paycheck, that should be your recognition, it is more than a lot of people have now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)