Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Excuse you - Misinformation

Posted: Apr 9th, 2020 - 4:51 pm In Reply to: Well - that is the thing.

I don’t know if HIPAA guidelines dictate it, but my employer requires a computer dedicated to work only, the rationale being that viruses and malware can be introduced onto the network if you are using it to surf the web, download files or other personal things. When you sign into the VDI, you are on your employer’s network, the personal side of your computer should have a separate login if it is set up correctly. They can’t see your bank account or anything else unless you authorize them to shadow your computer. If you are doing things other than work on company time, that is another issue. I have a separate laptop that I use only for work because I don’t want extraneous programs slowing it down, and keep my old one for play. New computers are not that expensive anymore, especially if you can find a refurbished machine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)