Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: platform.. (Views: 30)

Well - that is the thing.

Posted: Apr 9th, 2020 - 3:02 pm In Reply to: Yikes! - CMT

Why do you have personal information on your work computer? Would you go to an office job and start putting in all your bank passwords? If the answer is no, then why would you do it for your work computer from home when it should be a designated computer for transcription work.

I bought a crappy 200 dollar computer for VDI. I do not really care what they put on here. There is nothing for them to steal. I have nothing on here that is important. It's all MT-related.

Do they want to see I come to MT Stars, they can. I don't care. I have no pictures here. I have no banking information here. Nothing, bare bones.

It is actually in most HIPAA agreements that you use a designated computer. Enough said. If anything, anyone using the computer for something other than work are in violation and allowing outsiders to possibly gain access to health information on patients. You're not even supposed to walk away from your desk without a password protected screen saver.

Any time you let anyone in your computer including a go to meeting, you're allowing them access. It's not just VDI. So, you're saying you've never done a go to meeting? You're a CMT, is this correct? Then you should be more than educated on the HIPAA guidelines and use of your device.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)