Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Not let go, but drastically decreased workload - SM

Posted: Mar 27th, 2020 - 1:32 pm In Reply to: Has anyone been let go recently? - MTSince99

Nobody at my company has been let go (at least not yet), but all of the part-time and per diem ICs have been asked not to work right now due to extremely low volume as a result of COVID-19. They want to make sure that us full-timers get what work we do have. I work on a very large acute care hospital account that is normally nonstop busy and we are constantly chasing TAT, but these past couple of weeks have been eerily slow. My hospital is in an area that has been hit very heavily by this virus and they are currently under a stay-at-home order. All elective and non-emergent surgeries had to be postponed and no one is going to the hospital unless absolutely necessary. We still have work and I am still managing to make my full-time production, but it's a lot less than I usually do, so I will definitely be cringing when I see my next paycheck. About 95% of the reports I have been typing have been on patients either suspected to have COVID-19 or have tested positive. It's awful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)