Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I've signed contracts like that all I did was... - sm

Posted: Feb 27th, 2020 - 3:49 pm In Reply to: Contract to end your career? warning - Harried

I've had contracts like that in the past. I was up front with the company and listed the things I was currently working on, and the things I had already created and listed them out. We excluded those items from the intellectual property clause.

The thing to remember is that they're just trying to protect themselves and keep people from stealing their business/contacts. If you talk about it and ask questions you can probably work out some mutually agreeable language. The reality of the situation is they probably didn't read the contract either and it's some boilerplate text from a legal site that they paid to use.

In my case, having intellectual property in line with the business helped me immensely. They knew I was already proficient in those areas and they consulted me to build things for them in addition to my regular work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)