Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 51)

Contract to end your career? warning - Harried

Posted: Feb 27th, 2020 - 1:46 pm

No excuses, although I have them, I didn't read before I signed. It was Docusign, the contract I perused in the tiny print since I didn't enlarge was numbered and seemed in order; same old, same old.  I was more concerned with the electronic signature working and spent the most time picking out my style of signature.  An emaill back and forth, I look at the contract that is supposed to be signed by both parties.  The prez didn't sign it, just my signature staring back at me.  So, here's where it gets interesting.  I actually read the contract - Something I should have taken the time and done first.  Ladies, it's scary.  I've been an instructor, a govt. contractor, (no, I'm not usually this stupid), have a website, since MT is showing signs of turning around, I was thinking again about training people the right way for cheap, cuz MT is not that good, yet.

Not one word of medical transcription, PHI, or HIPAA, nor my 10 cent line rate 65 ch/spaces.

Now I read about the company's wide and varied interests... education, publication..oh, like MT Training and blog writing?  Then I read Additional Property of the Company - namely anything I do businesswise or invent for the next 5 years,  I have to hand over to them.

The noncompete is crazy.  So many parts but the part that stuck out was the definition of client... anyone they have sent a letter,  bid to even if it wasn't accepted... then it gets even better... anyone they have added to their company database, sales system or a prospect list...

Prospect list would that be a list of providers and phone numbers they were going to start cold calling that may have been purchased from a third party?  Could that be every clinic, hospital, or surgery center on planet earth?

Long story short.  I had to refuse the easy well-paid work because I want to work from home (don't we all?) and this agreement could really limit me if they got wind or chose to enforce it. 

So, always read the contract.  My bad.  And if it's New York or Florida (which is the very same people) read it twice.  Florida has some laws.  They have rich people in Florida and the laws regarding property are very, very specific.  Property and inheritance they take very seriously.

Maybe I overreacted, but I'm working on other things software-oriented and that might have been jeopardized.

10 cents a line...Money mouth

10 cents a line...Cry

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)