Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I remember those days, although I had to start over - if I muffed it using carbon

Posted: Feb 5th, 2020 - 12:30 pm In Reply to: Thanks. I said 5 more years, but 50 sounds better. - SM

paper, and a scalpel blade was not found in our desk drawers. Dorland's (sigh) was our work encyclopedia along with the Merck Manual. Don't forget about the PDR. That was the only reference book I had to find drugs, but it only was republished once a year. Of course, new drugs were approved quicker than that, but that was a monster of a book to tote around and I clung to the pink and blue pages. When I had my own business, I shamelessly asked for the cast-off PDRs to give to my transcriptionists.

I have begun my 29th year of being an MT. Forty-three years deserves a massage as a treat for that kind of devotion. Take care of your body and hands.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)