Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

yes i did work for them... - groovy

Posted: Jan 21st, 2020 - 6:20 pm In Reply to: Anyone ever hear of/work for Transcription for Everyone? - m

about 2 years ago I think it was. Was not worth it.
Here's how it went - I applied for a transcription with a company called ANP - email stating about the application and the usual test and blah blah. Next thing I know, I'm hired by TFE. At first I had thought I had applied with TFE, but after looking at my stuff, it was ANP.
He was always sending emails about being out the office because he had to "go home" and home was Israel.
Company newsletters always reflected his religion.
Pay was crap. I can show you a paystub if you want, pay was through paypal. Lots and lots of research, which after doing a couple assignments, I felt it should not have been the job of the transcriptionist but rather someone else, which by the way I applied for medical and ended up doing traffic court, hence all the research for names of people, companies, streets, you name it, you had to research it.
Editors were jerks and not very nice when giving feedback. Which you get on every assignment. And I would expect, but no reason to be mean and rude.
Everything is download and upload through google dropbox and you have to have, if I remember correctly, 4 different players. Facility/state of audio depends on player used. One assignment could be out of New Jersey and the next out of Alaska. All courtroom multiple speaker, as far as traffic court goes. They do have a chat/forum type place for everyone on the same assignment to ask questions and get help but help is not always there at the time you need.
Anyway, I stuck it out for a couple months but in the end I called a lady the B word and told her to quit being so rude and I quit and told her to finish the assignment her own *&$#$ self.
Anyway, I did enjoy learning the traffic court part of it, but overall, pay was not what I thought it would be for the amount of time it took to do one. Usually 10-20 mins audio ended up taking 3 hours sometimes because of the research that had to be done.
But have fun if you decide to do it.
Be groovy!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)