Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 41)

The income tax is evil. - It punishes people

Posted: Jan 19th, 2020 - 10:11 am In Reply to: Rat out a tax cheat, collect a reward! - anony

who produce and earn, and rewards those who don't. Most of it vanishes into the DC monolith, and no one's accountable. I'd bet a good 50% of the money they take goes to things that aren't even under the aegis of the federal government. Nevertheless, it's the monster we live with.

Maybe worse are companies who misclassify workers as ICs. They play fast and loose with language used to pay us. They spell out the minutiae of how the work is done-not only what that work is. I think the IRS calls it an employer's "directing and controlling" the work.

I freely admit that I've gone along with it. We know what's happened with this profession. I also freely admit this has been a bit of a rant. As long as we-I-let it go on though, there it is.

Here's an article from some years back about agencies that "employed" people vs. "contracted with" them. Didn't turn out well for them:

LINK/URL: The income tax is evil.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)