Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I am not doing anything different as an IC than I was as an employee - sm

Posted: Dec 10th, 2019 - 8:11 am In Reply to: Assembly Bill 5 - broke

I was forced to become an IC because I was told the position was converted to IC, as this was one way for the company to cut cots. Nothing in my line of work has changed other than the fact that I am no longer privy to the benefits of an employee. I think this bill should be in place. A lot of MTs that I know would like to have those taxes taken out by the employer and the benefits that come along with being an employee. If the pay range were different, then yes, they would feel differently, but the cost to be an IC just right off the bat means you have to pay a self-employment tax, which can be significant just getting out of the gate. I hope you don't have to change your status if this is put into place, but there are those who would be happy to see things change in the realm of MT and IC versus employee.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)