Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Macros not working - Ex MT

Posted: Nov 9th, 2019 - 1:09 pm In Reply to: find stars macro in Word 2019 - Debbie

It might help to add the developer tab to the ribbon (macros are located here). Do this in word outside of your transcription program. Same with almost everything you do with macros--dont create them in your transcription program. Here are instructions for this.

How do you get the developer tab in word?
Steps
Open Microsoft Word on your PC. You'll find it in your Start menu, typically in a menu called Microsoft Office.
Click the File menu. ...
Click Options. ...
Click Customize Ribbon in the left panel.
Select Main Tabs from the "Customize the Ribbon" drop-down menu. ...
Check the box next to "Developer" under "Main Tabs."
Click OK.

You can put all the macros from your old computer in a template file. Create a blank template file, then use the organizer to copy them into the file. Make sure to save your file. I believe you'll need to reassign your shortcuts to each macro. Go to file, options, customize ribbon, then customize keyboard to reassign keys, and save your template file when you're through. *** To access your template file macros, you'll need to attach it first. On developer tab click attach, click template, then open. It should now be available for reassignment of the keys. When saving key assignment changes, click save changes in and choose correct template. Then okay to save.

To load them into your word program on new computer, on developer tab click document template, then add (under global templates and add-ins), locate your template and click okay. It is now available to use when you click the box next to it (you can do this in your working program). You have to do this each time you close and reopen word.

You may have to reassign the keyboard shortcuts to each macro if they aren't working. First be sure template file is clicked to be available, then go to file, options, customize ribbon, customize shortcuts. Locate your macros in list (scroll down to macros), and after making changes, save in appropriate location (in save box below).

To help discover why the macro isn't working, try using it without the shortcut key in Word. If it works, then you know the key is the problem. There may be a conflict with another key used in your program or maybe the key did not assign to the macro. You can reassign it in the customize keyboard area. Directions above.

With each new upgrade, I had problems with macros. Some I could never get to work, so I'd remake them until they worked, but most worked okay. Best of luck to you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)