Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

After 20 years you should not even have to test. - sm

Posted: Aug 19th, 2019 - 6:54 pm In Reply to:

Some of these long test files make me think they are having you do work for free. If they get enough applicants to bite the bait, they can catch up a backlog.

Seriously, after 20 years, why test me? I obviously can transcribe or I would not have a 20-year work history.

A newbie, yes, maybe. But even then, if they graduated, then give them a shot. Everyone needs to start somewhere.

These ads are disheartening as they do not honestly even pay enough to require that much experience. Everyone gets the same pay, so what's the difference?

I've been doing this 29 years now. I am absolutely never doing test files ever for any company.

I'm doing this part-time. I've been looking outside the home. I am trying through a temp agency. Best way, I think, since it works both ways if it doesn't work out. Front desk work is what I apply for and also anything to do with medical records even copy services.

I love transcribing but it's so underpaid and sketchy at best. It's risky. I've lost trust in companies because they seem to appear overnight out of nowhere anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)