Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Word Help Board

How to find answers - sm

Posted: Aug 16th, 2019 - 6:46 pm In Reply to: Word question - J Sing

Experienced MT here. Adding to my last response. I can’t stand what is happening to quality in our industry thanks to offshoring and low pay, so trying to help. If you have a question like this, Google “guidewire surgical” and then scan down. You don’t have to click on links since that can be dangerous. In a matter of seconds, you can scan down through the web addresses associated with hits. That is the key. Look for reputable sources, including manufacturers like Boston Scientific, Terumo, Stryker. Not wholesalers, but manufacturers. Ignore generic responses your medically clueless neighbor could have written. If you know this, please don’t take offense. Maybe someone new will read and find it helpful.

Also reliable: Mayo Clinic, Johns Hopkins, ncbi, other major hospitals. Not reliable: generic, anyone could have written them web sites. Also if you type the medical term (myocardial infarction for example) versus layman’s term (heart attack) you are much more likely to pull up manufacturers and reputable hospitals. I find it helps to add “surgical” when looking for equipment.

I hope that is helpful to someone. Not sure we oldtimers are of any value anymore, those of us who are obsessed with quality, even those of us on the young side of old. :). But I don’t ever want to see us lose our emphasis on quality. What is the point of doing this then?

Anyway, it’s guidewire. Good luck to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)