Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Please do your MTs a favor.. (Views: 74)

When will you make a change? - ex-MT

Posted: Aug 12th, 2019 - 2:21 pm In Reply to: No work today - MT

Okay, I am sure that this is going to come off less nice than I intend it to; however, I am a pragmatist and I just want to get it out.

Everyone on this board knows that MT is going away. You all know that transcription (at least how we know it) is going the way of the dinosaur. So why do you stay? Why do you allow a big corporation steer your ship? What will it take to make you find something else. I'm not talking about another MT position. I'm talking about moving up and moving on. Your experience would easily allow you to land a position in the medical records department at any hospital. Records technician, data analyst, release of information, central scheduling, etc. These are all good paying jobs with 401k, paid time off, holidays, vacation, sick time, etc. You are worth more than how you allow these companies to treat you. Doctor offices, outpatient surgery centers, dental groups, etc. All of these places offer good benefits and decent pay to someone who already has medical records experience. Don't sell yourself short.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)