Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 33)

PSA: Please don't get into risk adjustment coding - bored_crazy

Posted: Aug 8th, 2019 - 2:06 pm In Reply to: I did HCC for about 3 months until it made me CRAZY! - the gazillion page charts

Yes, those HUGE charts are the downfall. As a bonus, at the companies I've worked at, if a record from another patient's chart is mixed in (co-mingled), you have to reject the chart and we didn't get paid at all for charts rejected. Imagine if that stray report was on page 2000 out of 2432 pages? Yes, you go through the chart first thing and check for this, but this process can take quite a while and sometimes one misses it until going to code that page...

Then, if you do get to code that chart, imagine how BOGGED DOWN the system gets when you have entered as little as 150 codes. And you're only on page 101. LOL (cry).

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)