Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 40)

hcc coder - bored_crazy

Posted: Aug 7th, 2019 - 9:03 pm In Reply to: coding - anon

I too transitioned to coding as my lovely MT job lost too many contracts (it was indeed a lovely remote job with benefits and the company left me alone). When I saw the gazillion names in the AAPC magazine of people who passed the CPC, my heart sunk some. On Facebook, I read about the productivity requirements going higher and higher even for in-office inpatient coders, who really help bring in the $$$.

I became a risk adjustment coder as I was one of those who can only work at home. It is boring and you get measured by chart as far as productivity, no matter what the chart size or complexity.

Now it looks like my latest contract has Ghosted me after I had finished my training. It was a nice, pay-by-the-hour position where I wouldn't have to face a chart hundreds or thousands of pages long. I feel sunk because of no-compete clauses. Project-based work is horrible.

I'm sure there are wonderful coding jobs out there, especially if you are open to anything.

I feel coding also didn't grab me because it feels more about the $$$ than having an impact on patient care. I get misty-eyed reading through the transcribed reports in the charts and smile at the blanks left. Believe it or not, the transcribed reports are pretty good, whoever is doing them. I'm also a loner, so while I appreciate being able to listen to music or something while coding, I miss the providers' voices (I transcribed for the VA and they must have had a stricter policy on where one could dictate, so I didn't get the toilets flushing in background, etc, generally good sound quality).

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)