Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 42)

Rate per page depends...sm - Old Anon

Posted: Aug 6th, 2019 - 12:15 pm In Reply to: CHARGE PER TYPED PAGE - cardiacmt

You'd need to know what margins this doc desires, for instance 1 inch, 3/4 inch for the sides. What would the top and bottom margins be? You'd need to know what point font he'd like to use. Would it be a 12 point (the usual size) or a smaller font like 8 point (because he thinks he can jam more words onto a page using a small font). I wouldn't work with less than a 12-point font. Once you have the top and bottom margins established, you have to decide how many lines would fit on a half page, then charge a half-page rate if the lines go within a line of the half-way mark.

I can't give you an actual price, but you can set up a page with 1-inch margins all around, and type text using a 12-point font to fill that page. Do a calculation using x number of lines on that page times the line rate you'd charge if you were doing 65 characters with spaces. You'd be pretty close to a per page charge.

I'd recommend you tell him what the page parameters would be with 1 inch margins all around and a 12-point font. Figure out your half page rate and whole page rate would be and let him know. Put all this in writing in a contract, so there are no questions.

All the other little details could be worked out like does he want the right margin justified or unjustified. Unjustified is easier to read, so would recommend that.

I can't think of anything else. Maybe others have different things to add.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)