Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Questions to ask...SM - Anon

Posted: Aug 2nd, 2019 - 12:55 pm In Reply to: Questions - DeeAnn

1. Is this an employee or IC position. You may be able to tell from the job ad, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
2. What is the line rate and how many characters per line and does it include or exclude spaces.
3. Is the job straight typing or SR (speech recognition) or a combination of both--then about what percentage of each approximately, e.g., 95% SR and 5% straight.
4. If an employee position, are there benefits and, if so, what are they. If there's a health benefit what does it cost the employee for self, self and 1 child, or family plan per pay period. Is there vacation and sick time. How is it accrued and how much (# days, etc.)
5. How long is the pay period (every 2 weeks/twice a month), and how many days after the end of the pay period to get paid.
6. Is there direct deposit, mailed checks, or PayPal.
7. What is the transcription platform and is there a tutorial if needed and/or a helpful website, drop down list on the website for questions on how to use the platform if needed, etc.
8. How many lines per hour is one expected to produce and how much time does a newbie get to get up to speed (for example, 1 pay period).
9. How long would a new employee be on full QA before being released?

Those are the questions I can think of right now. Maybe others can come up with some I haven't thought of. You've been out of the loop for 17 years, so lots has changed in that time, especially the pay (it's gone down). I hope you are not too shocked by it all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)