Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

I agree! - yessir

Posted: Jun 26th, 2019 - 9:41 am In Reply to: Why ? - JP

I have said this same thing for years now! I totally agree. If things had to go to Voice Recognition methods and EPIC etc. to be able to access patient's records across the board anywhere (the long-term goal) then all reports should be standardized..no exception. No more personal catering to clients who want this and that done this way and that way and a million other totally insignificant things that are really of no importance to the medical report. It would be easier for the doctors and hospitals, MTs and all involved to produce better quality reports in a much more timely fashion, a benefit to everyone! My take is these large transcription companies are so desperate to obtain clients they bend over backwards to kiss their client's backside saying that they will do it anyway they want it, with the long-term goal to eventually switch them all to Fluency but still no standardized reports. I have seen progress reports typed for some clients that are a nightmare to read, and some typed by nurses or PA-Cs and they are horrible, things not spelled correctly or capitalized or anything just so long as they have all the information needed pretty much down in 1 big run-on sentence, with usually no or very little punctuation even. Yet these same clients demand all these account specifics be done on their other reports. This is all nonsense. Make the reports all follow the same format, Histories and Physicals having 1 format, Discharge Summaries having their standard format, and so on. It would be easier for all involved and to be involved in the future to follow reports and easily read and find information, and make MT's jobs much easier yes. Right now I imagine the big MTSO's (including M*MODAL) do all this catering for clients to win them over, hoping they can switch them eventually to Fluency, and meanwhile charge them more to do all these extras, but we never see a dime of that extra. We get even less to do more in less time than we were before. I could go on and on but will stop here because other than a rant, this falls on pretty much deaf ears when it comes to MTSOs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Why???? - dnr (Views: 869, 2019-06-23, 5:14 pm)
    • Crazy - making (Views: 647, 2019-06-23, 5:44 pm)
    • Why ? - JP (Views: 507, 2019-06-24, 4:29 pm)
      • I agree! - yessir