Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

This - sm

Posted: May 9th, 2019 - 7:28 am In Reply to: Blanks and - blanks

I have wasted so much time the past few weeks on accounts with a lot of Indian physicians....not because of the ESLs, but because the non-ESL dictators mumble or speed through an Indian or foreign-sounding assistant, referring, PCP, etc. We are told not to leave blanks for these, but often the name is totally impossible to guess, much less try to spell phonetically. Good judgment says research the best you can in a reasonable amount of time, then LEAVE BLANK. But really, this is a huge dictator problem that needs to be addressed on their end, not ours.

Then there are the times when the dictator just refers to a Dr. “Conn,” for example. Turns out there are several at that facility, Conn, Khan, and Kahn. If I spell phonetically, it’s going to be misleading. I have gotten in trouble in exactly this situation, just a different name, for leaving a blank. Explaining didn’t help. Again a dictator issue.

I have mentioned this to PCs in the past, but still they send the same old emails just telling us not to leave blanks for names. Not every rule is going to work in every situation. At least 90% of the blanks I leave are problems that can only be fixed on the dictator end. The rest probably go to QA, and 90% of those QA can’t resolve either. That’s why asking us for ideas won’t work. I don’t think anyone listens. Many of us are familiar with blank reduction techniques and we use them constantly. If they’re good, they help us too. I’m not sure they really want to dialogue with us about suggestions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)