Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Taa - Info

Posted: Apr 11th, 2019 - 8:28 pm In Reply to: Anyone TAA knowledgeable? - MT

I am currently getting RTA (extension of unemployment) and am enrolled in nursing school in the fall. RTA will pick up after your unemployment runs out as long as you are enrolled in approved training within a certain time period (believe it is 6 months from your approval) and RTA will continue as long as in training, up to 2 years. Training has to be full time. I was informed about RTAA (the program for "over 50") and I believe it is 50% of difference in salary for 2 years, max 10K. I chose to go the training route.

My state's (PA) job center has been helpful, they handle the issues with getting training approval. But also the state unemployment office gave me tons of info initially and referred me to job center. State unemployment office handles the RTA part (the unemployment extension payments) and you file biweekly for those similar to unemployment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)