Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Foot Pedal Issues - OldieButGoodie

Posted: Mar 21st, 2019 - 9:00 pm

My foot pedal intermittently does not work.  Usually, when this happens, what it does is it will work fine the first time I press it down, but as soon as I lift my foot off and press it the next time, it won't work.  I have tried replacing the foot pedal (a VEC Infinity USB-2), replaced my free version of Express Scribe with Bytescribe, got a new computer, and replaced the Bytescribe with Pro Express Scribe.  My tech person has spent many hours at the computer, first with the old one trying to fix the problem, then several more after I got the new computer.  I've been a transcriptionist for 45 years, but feel like this may be the end of the line because I can't seem to solve this foot pedal issue.  The company I work for (as an IC) has been unbelievably patient with how many times I've said (believed) I was "back in business," only to have to tell them, "Sorry, I won't be able to do these  reports after all."  I'm out of ideas for how to solve this.  Anybody else out there with this problem?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)