Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Despised even - sm

Posted: Mar 12th, 2019 - 12:43 pm In Reply to: Can someone tell me what exactly is VDI and why - it is hated so much?

It's slow, lags, small fonts, audio sucks, loss of function keys mandatory for editing, slows your computer function overall (brand new laptop here), causes laptop to continually run (and will of course burn out faster than average), cannot log in most of the time, have to deal with Indian IT guys who don't communicate well, constant tickets to IT, many hours of installation time, many hours of followup due to problems (all unpaid).

I probably have at least 10 hours of unpaid time due to VDI and it's still not operational.

So, yeah, your production is going to be affected by VDI and its poor functioning.

Also, none of us know if Nuance IT is actually going to remove this hard-drive and memory hogging program from our computers once we decide to leave.

I have a feeling we'll have to pay ourselves to have it fully removed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)