Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Mechanical all the way - gw

Posted: Mar 8th, 2019 - 7:50 pm In Reply to: Looking for a very soft touch full keyboard. - sm

I have a Corsair K70 mechanical keyboard with Cherry brown switches. It's like the old school IBM clackety-clack keyboards, but it is so much faster. I had a Microsoft Comfort keyboard I used for 8 years before that, but opted to go back. (For 8 years before that, I was on mechanical as well.) It also comes with a highly programmable keyboard software, so for example you can compress long keyboard commands and mouse clicks into single key.

When ordering a K70, you can also choose what color switch you want. The colors signify how easy it is to press the key, and how much of a "click" you get when you press it, so the keyboard can be customized to your personal preference. You can't actually see the switches unless you pop off the keys. (Here is a link that explains switches, if this kind of thing interests you: https://www.pcgamer.com/best-mechanical-switches-for-gaming/)

Oh... also each key has a programmable LED backlight, so you can customize what color each key glows, though I just have my entire keyboard set to a pleasant blue glow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)