Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

My used computer works fine for VDI - tlc

Posted: Feb 22nd, 2019 - 2:22 pm In Reply to: Refurbished computer and Intel i5 processor - okay for VDI? - OldMT

I purchased a used HP on Ebay and made sure it met all the requirements before I had bought it. I use only this computer for work as I do not want VDI installed on my personal computer that I use for banking, etc. The updated VDI was installed last week and I am sure glad that I held out agreeing to this as long as I did. The IT guy took about 2 hours to configure things and then told me the update would take a minimum of 12 hours. It took 31 hours, but I did not have to be anywhere near my computer, just left it on all night. He then finished the installation in about 20 minutes and I have been working in it ever since. The massive problems that have been discussed here were probably the reason for the new update. Anyway, sound quality is excellent, the sign in is faster with less steps, and everything else is the same as it was on the old program. I use Inscribe. So I would say to go ahead and get a refurbished computer, but just double check the requirements. Also, if this helps, I only paid $154 for my HP and it has a huge memory, Window 10, and other programs like Word, which is also required. Look around, perhaps on Ebay, and you will find what you need at a good price.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)