Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

VR Editing - sm

Posted: Feb 20th, 2019 - 7:48 am In Reply to: VR editing - Zee

I now can generally go faster editing than straight typing unless the VR is really a mess, which is about a quarter of what I get daily. There is hope! Unless your account says otherwise, most of mine now actually prefer you stick as close as possible to what is dictated, which helps with VR. I have heard doctors complain that we are adding “the” in front of “patient!” It’s not how they talk so they don’t like it. The ones who do add “the” will get upset if we don’t add it, so those I do if VR misses it. So these days I do minimal editing and just make sure it’s all grammatically and technically correct and what the client profile and company specifies. In labs I don’t add “is” unless there are two numbers (pCO2 3). In vitals, etc, I often add the “is” after the first item, then leave the rest alone since it usually comes to me separated by commas in a list and that’s fine. But they do their exams in clipped sentences anyway that really aren’t meant to read like text. I make sure sentences are clear, but sometimes they are clear even if a more clipped form. They like it when we clean up their grammar etc but then they get irritated if we make it sound too different from their speech patterns, so you could, and even should, do a lot less editing and actually do a fantastic job without having to feel like you’re compromising on quality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)