Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

just a couple of sad blurbs today - sm

Posted: Jan 17th, 2019 - 1:16 pm

on the huge coding FB page:

"Just got word today that the company I work for is letting roughly 80 of us U.S. ancillary coders go in exactly 60 days, while keeping India jobs secure. Very sad day."

and

"Someone just posted in another coding group that NAME DELETED is planning on offshoring more than 1,000 healthcare jobs."

This stuff is happening every day. Please, please, please don't look the other way. Yes, you may be able to go through schooling/certification and get a nice coding job (usually not remote for quite awhile), but is it worth it with the odds against you? There are hundreds of out of work experienced coders out there. Yes, I am a coder, have been for 3 years (not real thrilled with it, pretty dull), but I am seeing more and more of these posts and just want to make sure MTs trying to be coders don't put or keep blinders on. Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)